Services Quality Assurance
The IBTS Method / Difference
Rooted in 30 years of federal housing experience supporting manufacturing, observing post disaster housing performance, managing commercial facility recovery and delivery, IBTS created the unique IBTS quality method—a process extended past the Deming method, Six Sigma concept, and the ideas of other giants in the quality field.
IBTS is a thought leader in the quality field. IBTS offers demonstrated credentials delivering value along the added dimensions of asset value and lifecycle performance—Investment Grade Quality AssuranceTM.
The company’s innovative use of emerging quality processes from sources like Deming and Juran combined with a lifecycle driven view of quality performance of the corporation and the productive employee spanning decades in housing resulted in the 7 IBTS Quality Questions:
- What is the responsibility of the employee? (SCOPE)
- How is the work performed? (PROCESS/PROCEDURE/TOOLS)
- What are the results? (DELIVERABLES)
- What are the performance metrics? (MEASURES)
- How are results measured? (ROUTINE QUALITY)
- How is work accounted for? (REPORTING)
- How do you protect the value of the result? (ASSET PROTECTION)
IBTS Quality Infrastructure
Managing our QA Network:
- IBTS operates a national network of inspectors throughout the 50 states.
- IBTS assures capability with national training and skills certification.
- IBTS sets rigorous standards and processes assuring consistent reliable results.
QA Technology, Management, and Depth:
- IBTS manages millions of records for federal, state, and local agencies.
- IBTS meets industry standard security and reliability for all data.
- IBTS provides data collection and data access anytime anywhere.
- IBTS offers over 30 years of experience in manufacturing, project, and process quality management for federal, state, municipal, and commercial quality management
- IBTS has the world’s largest team of ICC code professionals on staff.
- IBTS maintains a team of professional engineers, registered architects, industry standard certifications, quality certifications, etc. unmatched by other organizations.
- The IBTS QA offers NABCEP Certification and is trained in Code and building science proficiencies.
- IBTS provides BPI, Resnet, and ICC Mastercode professionals, registered architects, and professional engineers.
- IBTS oversees training with an independent quality team for all projects and assignments.
- 30+ years of National quality experience overseeing manufacturing processes and lifecycle performance of manufactured housing.
- 20+ years of National post disaster quality review of housing and commercial structure performance for flood and wind damage.
- National breadth reviewing 10s of thousands of homes energy retrofit performance focusing on:
- Workmanship and training factors,
- Administrative and management factors,
- Specification delivery
- IBTS is not a manufacturer.
- IBTS is a 501.3C Not for Profit company.
- IBTS is not a traditional consulting management company.
- IBTS maintains a standalone QA organization.
- IBTS includes QA in every task the company pursues.
- IBTS extends QA to assure lifecycle performance. Many energy, infrastructure, and building projects offer asset value based on performance over decades. IBTS’ offers a unique understanding for continuous QA for these projects over the course of time.
- IBTS extends QA to assure asset value by:
- Collecting and maintaining the required credentials and approval of the contractors.
- Collecting and maintaining project data like permits, bills of materials, as built drawings, appraisals, leases, etc.
Approaching QA as a risk mitigation component as well as a performance component using the unique IBTS quality method.
Quality – Achieving Assurances through Established Controls - In this article, a Quality Management System is discussed. The ability to incorporate the elements of Quality Assurance and Quality Control, can reduced risk and increase efficiency and identifies issues before they become problems. .
Implementing an Investment Grade Solar Quality Assurance - An article regarding how the solar industry transitions into a mainstream industry selling services rather then hardware like panels and inverters, the need for quality assurance and standardized measurement has moved from a program requirement to a necessity.