Services Flood Plain Management
Flood Plain Management
The Institute for Building Technology and Safety (IBTS) is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit corporation of building industry professionals, and has been providing construction plan review, building inspection and education/training services to public and private sector clients for over 30 years. As a government-founded "not-for-profit" corporation, IBTS combines governmental credibility with private sector efficiency.
IBTS has developed a technical approach and service methodology that provides a turnkey management solution to jurisdictions that are members of the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP). The Disaster Management Group, which is composed of architects, engineers, planners, emergency management professionals, certified building officials, inspectors, disaster specialists, grant specialists and certified flood plain managers, brings a combined experience of over 120 years in disaster management.
IBTS is ready to provide the necessary professional staff, technical knowledge, certified flood plain managers, certified building officials, inspectors and administrative staff to administer your Flood Plain Program.
Flood Plain Management Services
- Building Department start-up, operation and assessment
- Flood Zone Determination
- Flood Zone Permitting
- Flood Way Verification
- Flood Proofing (Non-residential structure verification)
- Flood Plain Program Document Management
- Elevation Certificate Tracking
- Photo Management
- Building Permit/Flood Permit Integration
- Electronic Web-based Management
- Flood Plain Enforcement
- Community Rating System Assistance
- Flood Insurance Rate Map Management
- Compliance Verification
- Map Printing (Including DFirms)
- Electronic Data Backup
- Flood Plain Ordinance Review & Revisions